|Compatibility:||Microsoft Outlook 2007 for Windows, or later|
OutlookHeaders is a simple Microsoft Outlook add-in for Windows that allows to adjust outbound email messages. The initial idea to write this add-in came from the need to specify special http header to enable Amazon SES tracking, i.e.
X-SES-CONFIGURATION-SET, that Outlook did not support natively.
Overall this add-in can do the following:
- Add arbitrary http headers to your outbound email messages.
- Overwrite mail client name, so that your email doesn't appear to have come from Microsoft Outlook.
- Suppress initial
received:header, to prevent inclusion of the public IP address where the email was composed. (Outlook by default adds your public IP to every message.)
- Adjust the format of your replies and forwarded emails to plaintext, or HTML, regardless of the format of the original message.
- At the same time, if adjusting the format of an email to HTML, this add-in allows to adjust the Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) for it.
- This add-in also allows to automatically remove the tracking pixel from your replies and forwarded emails for specific domains.
- All options listed above can be applied per individual email account, or for all accounts in Outlook.
- This add-in supports automated installation, which allows to set it up from a pre-configured file.
- This add-in supports non-interactive installation in an Active Directory environment, or on a corporate network via Group Policy Objects (or GPOs.)
- To provide transparency for the enterprise & corporate users, this project is available as open source.
Read here for details of the installation process.
Review the following screenshots of the OutlookHeaders Add-in software:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 for Windows, or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
You may use this software for as long as you need it, make as many copies of the downloaded package as required, and distribute it among any people and organizations at no cost.
And last, by downloading and using this software you agree to do so "as is" without any implied or expressed liability from the authors and/or distributors of this software.
Social MediaSupport our efforts to create better software
Installer (Per User) - for non-interactive installation. More details.
Installer (All Users) - for non-interactive installation. More details.