Have you ever thought how much energy your computers use up at night or when they're not in use?
Have you ever wondered if it's possible to wake up your system from a sleep mode (or
hibernation) using a resident program and not waste all that energy?
The answer is yes, it is possible! This simple utility will let you do it. Besides that it can also send your system back into a
sleep mode (hibernate it, power it off, or log-off a user). Moreover, you
can also use this utility as a scheduler to do your tasks without involving a
Are you a corporate or an enterprise user? Do you need even more functionality? We can customize it
specifically for you, to meet your organization's needs
don't wait! Our carbon footprint grows out of control with each day.
Start small. Let's Save Energy!
- Can restore almost every Windows-based Operating System from a Sleep mode (and most systems from hibernation as well).
- Can run a file or open a web page at a predetermined time after a wake-up event, during normal operation, or before performing power operation.
- Can send system back into a Sleep mode (hibernate it, shut it down, or log off user) after a waiting period.
- Can detect if a wake event from a Sleep mode (or hibernation) is supported by your system.
- Can turn your monitor on and hold off screen-saver during a waiting period.
- Can repair local area network and high-speed Internet connections upon waking up from a suspended power state.
- Can send system into a Sleep mode or hibernate it with more options than available through the Operating System.
- Can be incorporated into an in-car (entertainment) PC system to speed up booting time & save battery. [more here]
- Can be run from the Windows Command Line without a user interaction.
- Can be saved in a batch file for later use.
- We can customize this utility to better fit the needs of your organization. [more here]
Review the following screenshots of the WakeupOnStandBy software:
What better way to learn more about a software than to see it in action?
Watch the following screencasts:
To learn more see the
Requires ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
) hardware support.
Most modern computers will support this feature.
Totally free. Customization available
You may use this software for as long as you need it, make as many copies of the downloaded package as required, and distribute it among any people and organizations at no cost.
You are NOT ALLOWED to modify or rename any parts of the downloaded
package and/or the manual within it; distribute it under a different
title and/or author's name; repackage or re-distribute separate
components of the downloaded package; sell, rent or receive any
financial gain from this software.
The authors of this web site and of this particular software guarantee that this computer program does not contain any intentionally
deleterious or harmful material that may somehow adversely affect your system. All software posted on this web site
is custom-built computer programs
that were designed primarily for our personal use. We test it for some time before posting it here. In spite of that and due to the fact that we are
human, we do not exclude a possibility for this software to contain errors and unintended glitches that may present misinformation in programmatic sense
and/or may temporarily affect your computer's stability. If such is the case,
let us know through the feedback on this site and we will do our best to
correct the problem and supply you with the latest update.
And last, by downloading and using this software you agree to do so "as is" without any implied or expressed liability from the authors and/or distributors of this software.
IMPORTANT: There seems to be a reference to "Wosb1.7.9.exe Error" malware on the web that has our name attached to it. We want to assure you that the genuine WakeupOnStandBy utility that you can download from this page is not a malware. [Read more details here]
Check Frequently Asked Questions to find answers to yours
For updates & latest info follow us on Twitter
Support our efforts to create better software
We promise that the installation package that you download from this page will not contain any adware, marketing toolbars, or other "nuisance" software not associated with the product described on this page.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 & Server 2003/R2/2008/R2/2012/R2/2016
Archive: Download for Windows 2000/XP (v 1.7.19
, deprecated), or for Windows 98/ME (v 1.7.14
Report Errors and Glitches